It’s been awhile since I have really done any streaming or videos, but that is about to change! I am currently in the process of moving my entire operation into its on separate room (getting out of the living room, which will make my wife happy). Currently, I have been playing a lot of The Division, running through all of the Global Events with Lightstorm89, getting all of the classified gear and optimizing builds. The plan is to continue with The Division, but also play some Star Wars Battlefront while we all wait for the Destiny 2 “expansion” in May. I also plan on getting on the Nintendo Switch for some Breath of the Wild action which once I get my setup completed by the middle of April I will be able to stream as well.
There are a lot of games I want to go back and get in to, some to finish and some to simply play again:
Stuck somewhere near Colonia in my Anaconda after my trip to Beagle Point. Need to get back to Sol, etc, etc.
Horizon Zero Dawn
Need to load up that DLC (Frozen Wilds). Absolutely loved this game, was the GOTY in my opinion, though after playing Breath of the Wild I can see why it got beat out.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins
Spectacular game that I simply need to finish.
The Witcher 3
My all time favorite game (still), just want to get back into the world.
Gran Turismo: Sport
I am upgrading to 4k, so I want to see it in 4k. Looks stunning in “normal” HD, so looking forward to seeing it with the step up.
Notice none of these are MMORPGs – I still have Final Fantasy 14 and even Elder Scrolls Online on my radar, but i just don’t know if I want to sink the time in either one of them to both catch up and be solid in end game. There is also Diablo III – which I haven’t logged into since seasons and Necromancer came to consoles, and though I’d love to get back into it, I need some of my buddies to hop back in on it as well (so much fun rampaging through Rifts and such.
In short, there are a lot of games i want to get back to, but The Division, along with Destiny 2 (if May works out) will be the two games i plan on prioritizing for awhile. Games I am looking forward to are Dragon Quest XI (Sept. 4) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (Oct. 26). Obviously The Division 2, but we have no idea release dates and wont until E3 this June.
If there is a game I listed here that you want to watch, just let me know. There is also the possibility that I may pop No Man’s Sky back in as well, especially with the big update coming this Summer.
Another week of gaming is under our belt since last weeks “State of Things” post, and I’d like to share where everything is at with the website here as well as the YouTube channel.
Altlesjo and I are both playing Final Fantasy XIV – currently in it’s Heavenward expansion with the Stormblood expansion coming in the 3rd week of June. Altlesjo has just started and I have finally reached level 60 and currently working on raising my ilvl and finishing up the main story quests involved with Heavensward so I can be ready for Stormblood at launch (hopefully pre-launch with the pre-order). I have shared some content already, and I will continue to have random streams and video uploads of FFXIV game play, but nothing set in stone at the moment. My plan moving forward is to stick with FFXIV, and offset down time with that with other games, such as Star Trek Online and eventually Elite Dangerous. I cannot speak too much towards altlesjo’s intentions, except I can say with confidence that neither one of us will play a F2P MMO ever again.
If you are interested in FFXIV and would like to be able to play with either one of us – doesn’t matter if you are new or not, we play in the North American (Primal) Data Center on the Brynhildr Server. The great thing about this game is that no matter if you are on PC or PS4, as long as we are on the same server, we can all play together. On top of that, for raids there is cross-server capability.
Streaming Schedule (Current Plan)
Mondays – 10pm Eastern – The J&J Show (note: we will be starting it up again soon, we let everyone know when.
Tuesday – Thursday – 8pm Eastern – FFXIV – Random streams, will not happen every night most likely
Saturday – 7pm Eastern – Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer – Dependent on participation, if no one available, I will stream FFXIV
Saturday – 8:30/9pm Eastern – Final Fantasy XIV Game Play
Sunday – No Streams Planned
So, main nights for streaming will be Friday and Saturday – beginning with STO and ME:A respectively, then switching gears to FFXIV. The main drive, currently, for making videos other then streams will be FFXIV, followed by builds, etc for STO.
This week, I plan on making a page of links for FFXIV. This will contain YouTube channels I have been following as well as links to guides and discussions that I have found helpful – for all classes and jobs. The Star Trek Online page will also have some updates with YouTube channels and specifically important videos moving forward.
Lastly, thanks to all! If there is anything you would like to see in the games/streams listed above, let me know and I will see if I can make it happen.
On a really sweet note, going to be teaming up with friend l-LeGiT_PsYcHo-l to post more videos and builds. Legit runs a sweet tank among other things, and is upping his stream game once again – check him out on Twitch, YouTube and on Facebook!
Eternum (ESO Guild PS4-NA) has begun to step up its game with progression raid (trials) runs. Our goal is to first get used to playing with one another, second to get mechanics down, and third to begin getting stage/boss completion. The team has awesome leadership and members, and once we get our team completely organized with one another, Legit and I will both start streaming our runs.
If you are in need of a wonderful end game PvE guild with a little PvP thrown in, check out Eternum on Facebook. The guild has excellent leadership staff who are very knowledgeable towards end game ESO goals.
The Dragonknight Tank build has been updated – will post some videos once I have the time to make them. Currently working on updating the Stamina Templar build for both personal PvE as well as trial orientation. In the same vein, I am also working on stamina builds for Dragonknight and Nightblade, both focused on end game PvE and trials. Shout out to my fellow stamina gurus in Eternum for all of their help so far!
Additional for tanking, Legit_Psycho will also be posting a build soon – I will post my build and his together and we will discuss the difference – both advantages and disadvantages to both.
On the magika side of things – Templar and Dragonknight DPS builds are planned, but are still in need of a lot of work. I still have no love for healing – not really, just don’t have the time or the character space at the moment, but come the next update, I will also have a healer build.
My current schedule is pretty straight forward… trials, then trials and trials again! During the week its mostly farming runs in Maw of Lorkhaj and Sanctum Ophidia. Thursdays and Saturdays are taken up with progression runs, and Fridays are PvP nights. I will post a tentative streaming schedule soon once I get permission for the others involved. In the meantime, I will be posting video clips on YouTube to show some highlights.
I want all armor pieces reinforced, particularly because these sets do not offer any sort of mitigation – except in there bonus procs. My weapons are defending. Jewelry is how it comes. All enchantments are into stamina, likewise, all armor ability points. My jewelry enchantments are for magika recovery, and my weapons are absorb stamina.
The idea here is to be able to a) tank anything thrown at me and b) gain ultimate like a boss and blow on my warhorn all night long. Along with DK passives, this build is made for sustain, damage mitigation and major group support.
Bar One – Sword & Shield
– Ransack : Our main taunt – Changed from pierced armor due to its ability to cancel Elemental Drain, which ultimately will/can hurt magika DPS. Still offers physical resistance debuff (ED will give you the spell resist debuff), plus gives an buff to your own physical resistance. Not optimal for 4 man dungeons if no one is running ED – though it will still get you through. Optimal team set up is tank with Ransack and someone running ED.
– Unrelenting Grip : Our general purpose pull for getting distant enemies close. Also can work as an interrupt, for example distant healers.
– Choking Talons : Along with Unrelenting Grip, our bread and butter crowd control skill. Even on bosses, this skill is important because it inflicts minor maim, reducing their damage by 15% for 7 seconds. It also
– Absorb Magika : Damage shield – useful most against spell throwing enemies (will block and heal you), but also useful because it increases the amount of blocking you are able to do, as well as decreases blocking cost – both by 8%
– Resolving Vigor (flex) : Excellent stamina based heal and heal over time – a must have for any stamina based class, tanks included. This is also my flex spot on my front bar – typically I do not need a heal (I am surrounded by wonderful healers, plus I’m a tank and have good mitigation). I generally keep this on my bar as a just in case. It also helps in situations where everyone is taking a lot of damage at once (Sanctum poison, Fungal Grotto final boss) just to give the healer some help.
Ultimate : Aggressive Warhorn – Boosts everyone’s resources by jor 10%, and provides Major Force for 9.5 seconds – increasing critical strike damage by 30%. This is HUGE, particularly for boss encounters. This is your most important skill besides taunting. Everything you do goes into making this happen every 45 seconds or so.
Bar Two – Sword & Shield
– Inner Fire (or Rage): Our ranged, and magika based, taunt. Sometimes feels broken, but a necessary skill to have. It is not necessary to morph this – and because of the synergy of the morph, ask your raid leader if he/she wants it morphed or not. Technically this is also a flex skill, for example I will slot Eruption here instead at times, but typically I just keep it on my bar.
– Igneous Shield / Igneous Weapons (flex) : A lot of tanks are simply dumping igneous weapons due to the fact that most dps are running some sort of Major Brutality buff – plus, Igneous Shield gives us tanks, and those around us, a small damage shield to help with mitigation. For trials, I would say run Igneous Shields UNLESS told otherwise by the raid leader. For dungeons, I’d say the same unless no one has a buff for Major Brutality. The simple truth is you should not really need the shield in any of the dungeons, though it does not hurt. Also, because of the Helping Hands passive, both of these will restore 5% of stamina every time you hit it. – Heroic Slash : Our back bar source of Minor Maim as well as Minor Heroism – granting us more ultimate gain. Remember that the main purpose of this build beyond simply tanking is ultimate gain for Warhorn.- Elude/Shuffle : Preference is yours, they both give Major Evasion – helping you proc Tava’s Favor. If you are not running a 5-1-1 for Undaunted passives, Shuffle is ultimately better because it will get you out of snares. if you are running a piece of medium armor for the 5-1-1, Elude will give you a slightly longer up time. I would normally say just go with Shuffle.
– Hardened Armor : Our major physical and spell resistance buff. Hardened Armor also gives damage shield for 10% of your max health for 3.5 seconds.
Ultimate : Magma Shell – Major damage mitigation ultimate for yourself and allies, also useful to help with resource management over Warhorn because of the lower cost.
Flex Skills Eruption : Crowd control for multiple mobs, radius is 5 meters. So its small, but it is effective. Also provides a small DoT. Coagulating Blood : Magic based heal, which also increases your healing received. I prefer this over Greens Dragon Blood because I do not benefit from the extra stamina regeneration while I am blocking. Engulfing Flame : Provides a debuff to enemies causing them to take more damage from flame damage. Typically a Magika DK DPS will be running this. Noxious Breath is not preferred because Major Fracture is already being applied by Ransack. Guard : Standard of Might : (Ultimate)
Champion Points –
Green – I put at least 75 points into Reduce Block Cost (Shadow Ward – The Shadow), everything else goes into Magika Recovery. If you recovery is over 1600, you can put some into Reduced Magika Cost or into Reduced Block Cost.
Red – I put 60/60 into Hardy and Elemental Defender. I put the rest into Heavy Armor Focus and Quick Recovery. (HA Focus to give my physical resistance a little buff)
Blue – The real flex – I put some points into Blessed incase I need to heal myself, the rest is preference.
Some Important Notes:
– Do not worry about getting your resistances well above cap – Ransack will help with physical, and Blood Spawn will proc, giving you more then you need.
– Ensure your buffs – Violatile Armor and Shuffle are up at all times. Luckily, there are on screen indicators – Shuffle makes you look invisible, Volatile Armor puts spikes on your back.
– Make sure when switching bars – you will be doing this alot – it is safe to do so! Though you may be holding block, when you bar swap you are vulnerable.
– No need to over taunt – it wastes stamina (or magika). They last for 15 seconds. Safe bet is to taunt every 10 seconds or so, and make sure you taunt befor swapping bars to buff.
– Heoric Slash is a major resource for ultimate gain, as well as minor maim, do not forget about it. However, if you are low on stamina, just hit choking talons for the minor maim and concentrate on Shuffle – it is of more importance.
– Warhorn is the most important ultimate you have slotted, but if you do need resources, or increased mitigation, do not be afraid to use Magma Shell.
I would like to thank all the tanks in University and Eternum (ESO Guilds – PS$/NA) for all of their input.
With the release of Dark Brotherhood on ESO now for all platforms, it is time for what has become a quarterly update. Coming soon are two updates to builds, one for tanking – specifically tanking as a Dragonknight and one for Stamina Templar DPS.
Some New Pages:
Best in Slot Gear for Trials
– This covers all builds (except Stam sorc…) and has been compiled by some great minds with a lot of research on PS4 and PC. Though the list and page will continue to evolve and be updated, this is essentially what people will expect you to have if you are running vMoL or vSanctum
– Two videos by my friend StarFireLeo on tanking with a sorcerer. I will be going through the videos and picking out the information for an actual write up soon, but until then, the videos are worth watching if you want to tank with a sorc!
Playing ESO News
– I have joined two wonderful end game focused PvE guilds, which are connected together by members. Both University and Eternum (PS4-NA) are excellent guilds with many knowledgeable members who are in the top tier players on PS4-NA. Both links go to their Facebook pages.
– I have gotten to where i want to be with my tanking and stamina DPS, now its on to magika dps and healing. Healing will take a back seat at the moment. First up I will be getting my magika Dragonknight vMoL ready, then getting my magika Nightblade there as well. Once that is done I will be focusing on my healer. If I get any free time, I will be leveling up a new stamina DK (khajite this time) as well as a magika Templar for DPS.
– Totally revamped page dedicated to tanking. My plan is obviously to have a Dragonknight focus, but also I want to have space for sorcs, templars and even nightblades (some of the most cool and pain in the ass tanking ever).
– New leveling guide – with the new training trait, leveling has become a breeze. In reality, the gist of leveling is put on all training and run to a good grind spot with a few friends, but I want to go into a little more depth to make sure you get on the right track with leveling what you need, for each class.
– More videos – The JZH Gaming Youtube has been quiet of late. Some of that is I have been real busy, some of that has been not having too much to stream. I promise there will be more streaming coming soon!