We are launching a website for Neverwinter on PS4.
The site is currently under construction but already lists some helpful links. Don’t worry, ESO is still on the plate as well.
We are launching a website for Neverwinter on PS4.
The site is currently under construction but already lists some helpful links. Don’t worry, ESO is still on the plate as well.
On a really sweet note, going to be teaming up with friend l-LeGiT_PsYcHo-l to post more videos and builds. Legit runs a sweet tank among other things, and is upping his stream game once again – check him out on Twitch, YouTube and on Facebook!
Eternum (ESO Guild PS4-NA) has begun to step up its game with progression raid (trials) runs. Our goal is to first get used to playing with one another, second to get mechanics down, and third to begin getting stage/boss completion. The team has awesome leadership and members, and once we get our team completely organized with one another, Legit and I will both start streaming our runs.
If you are in need of a wonderful end game PvE guild with a little PvP thrown in, check out Eternum on Facebook. The guild has excellent leadership staff who are very knowledgeable towards end game ESO goals.
The Dragonknight Tank build has been updated – will post some videos once I have the time to make them. Currently working on updating the Stamina Templar build for both personal PvE as well as trial orientation. In the same vein, I am also working on stamina builds for Dragonknight and Nightblade, both focused on end game PvE and trials. Shout out to my fellow stamina gurus in Eternum for all of their help so far!
Additional for tanking, Legit_Psycho will also be posting a build soon – I will post my build and his together and we will discuss the difference – both advantages and disadvantages to both.
On the magika side of things – Templar and Dragonknight DPS builds are planned, but are still in need of a lot of work. I still have no love for healing – not really, just don’t have the time or the character space at the moment, but come the next update, I will also have a healer build.
My current schedule is pretty straight forward… trials, then trials and trials again! During the week its mostly farming runs in Maw of Lorkhaj and Sanctum Ophidia. Thursdays and Saturdays are taken up with progression runs, and Fridays are PvP nights. I will post a tentative streaming schedule soon once I get permission for the others involved. In the meantime, I will be posting video clips on YouTube to show some highlights.
This is a re-post of the updated Tanking Page. The page will be updated as changes happen.
Dragon Knight Tank – 3.0 (6/30/2016)
My current setup is “strictly” a trials set up – that being said, it still works for four man dungeons and the like.
5 piece Tava’s Favor
5 piece Ebon
2 piece Bloodspawn
I want all armor pieces reinforced, particularly because these sets do not offer any sort of mitigation – except in there bonus procs. My weapons are defending. Jewelry is how it comes. All enchantments are into stamina, likewise, all armor ability points. My jewelry enchantments are for magika recovery, and my weapons are absorb stamina.
The idea here is to be able to a) tank anything thrown at me and b) gain ultimate like a boss and blow on my warhorn all night long. Along with DK passives, this build is made for sustain, damage mitigation and major group support.
Bar One – Sword & Shield
– Ransack : Our main taunt – Changed from pierced armor due to its ability to cancel Elemental Drain, which ultimately will/can hurt magika DPS. Still offers physical resistance debuff (ED will give you the spell resist debuff), plus gives an buff to your own physical resistance. Not optimal for 4 man dungeons if no one is running ED – though it will still get you through. Optimal team set up is tank with Ransack and someone running ED.
– Unrelenting Grip : Our general purpose pull for getting distant enemies close. Also can work as an interrupt, for example distant healers.
– Choking Talons : Along with Unrelenting Grip, our bread and butter crowd control skill. Even on bosses, this skill is important because it inflicts minor maim, reducing their damage by 15% for 7 seconds. It also
– Absorb Magika : Damage shield – useful most against spell throwing enemies (will block and heal you), but also useful because it increases the amount of blocking you are able to do, as well as decreases blocking cost – both by 8%
– Resolving Vigor (flex) : Excellent stamina based heal and heal over time – a must have for any stamina based class, tanks included. This is also my flex spot on my front bar – typically I do not need a heal (I am surrounded by wonderful healers, plus I’m a tank and have good mitigation). I generally keep this on my bar as a just in case. It also helps in situations where everyone is taking a lot of damage at once (Sanctum poison, Fungal Grotto final boss) just to give the healer some help.
Ultimate : Aggressive Warhorn – Boosts everyone’s resources by jor 10%, and provides Major Force for 9.5 seconds – increasing critical strike damage by 30%. This is HUGE, particularly for boss encounters. This is your most important skill besides taunting. Everything you do goes into making this happen every 45 seconds or so.
Bar Two – Sword & Shield
– Inner Fire (or Rage) : Our ranged, and magika based, taunt. Sometimes feels broken, but a necessary skill to have. It is not necessary to morph this – and because of the synergy of the morph, ask your raid leader if he/she wants it morphed or not. Technically this is also a flex skill, for example I will slot Eruption here instead at times, but typically I just keep it on my bar.
– Igneous Shield / Igneous Weapons (flex) : A lot of tanks are simply dumping igneous weapons due to the fact that most dps are running some sort of Major Brutality buff – plus, Igneous Shield gives us tanks, and those around us, a small damage shield to help with mitigation. For trials, I would say run Igneous Shields UNLESS told otherwise by the raid leader. For dungeons, I’d say the same unless no one has a buff for Major Brutality. The simple truth is you should not really need the shield in any of the dungeons, though it does not hurt. Also, because of the Helping Hands passive, both of these will restore 5% of stamina every time you hit it.
– Heroic Slash : Our back bar source of Minor Maim as well as Minor Heroism – granting us more ultimate gain. Remember that the main purpose of this build beyond simply tanking is ultimate gain for Warhorn.- Elude/Shuffle : Preference is yours, they both give Major Evasion – helping you proc Tava’s Favor. If you are not running a 5-1-1 for Undaunted passives, Shuffle is ultimately better because it will get you out of snares. if you are running a piece of medium armor for the 5-1-1, Elude will give you a slightly longer up time. I would normally say just go with Shuffle.
– Hardened Armor : Our major physical and spell resistance buff. Hardened Armor also gives damage shield for 10% of your max health for 3.5 seconds.
Ultimate : Magma Shell – Major damage mitigation ultimate for yourself and allies, also useful to help with resource management over Warhorn because of the lower cost.
Eruption : Crowd control for multiple mobs, radius is 5 meters. So its small, but it is effective. Also provides a small DoT.
Coagulating Blood : Magic based heal, which also increases your healing received. I prefer this over Greens Dragon Blood because I do not benefit from the extra stamina regeneration while I am blocking.
Engulfing Flame : Provides a debuff to enemies causing them to take more damage from flame damage. Typically a Magika DK DPS will be running this. Noxious Breath is not preferred because Major Fracture is already being applied by Ransack.
Standard of Might : (Ultimate)
Champion Points –
Green – I put at least 75 points into Reduce Block Cost (Shadow Ward – The Shadow), everything else goes into Magika Recovery. If you recovery is over 1600, you can put some into Reduced Magika Cost or into Reduced Block Cost.
Red – I put 60/60 into Hardy and Elemental Defender. I put the rest into Heavy Armor Focus and Quick Recovery. (HA Focus to give my physical resistance a little buff)
Blue – The real flex – I put some points into Blessed incase I need to heal myself, the rest is preference.
Some Important Notes:
– Do not worry about getting your resistances well above cap – Ransack will help with physical, and Blood Spawn will proc, giving you more then you need.
– Ensure your buffs – Violatile Armor and Shuffle are up at all times. Luckily, there are on screen indicators – Shuffle makes you look invisible, Volatile Armor puts spikes on your back.
– Make sure when switching bars – you will be doing this alot – it is safe to do so! Though you may be holding block, when you bar swap you are vulnerable.
– No need to over taunt – it wastes stamina (or magika). They last for 15 seconds. Safe bet is to taunt every 10 seconds or so, and make sure you taunt befor swapping bars to buff.
– Heoric Slash is a major resource for ultimate gain, as well as minor maim, do not forget about it. However, if you are low on stamina, just hit choking talons for the minor maim and concentrate on Shuffle – it is of more importance.
– Warhorn is the most important ultimate you have slotted, but if you do need resources, or increased mitigation, do not be afraid to use Magma Shell.
I would like to thank all the tanks in University and Eternum (ESO Guilds – PS$/NA) for all of their input.
With the release of Dark Brotherhood on ESO now for all platforms, it is time for what has become a quarterly update. Coming soon are two updates to builds, one for tanking – specifically tanking as a Dragonknight and one for Stamina Templar DPS.
Some New Pages:
Best in Slot Gear for Trials
– This covers all builds (except Stam sorc…) and has been compiled by some great minds with a lot of research on PS4 and PC. Though the list and page will continue to evolve and be updated, this is essentially what people will expect you to have if you are running vMoL or vSanctum
– Two videos by my friend StarFireLeo on tanking with a sorcerer. I will be going through the videos and picking out the information for an actual write up soon, but until then, the videos are worth watching if you want to tank with a sorc!
Playing ESO News
– I have joined two wonderful end game focused PvE guilds, which are connected together by members. Both University and Eternum (PS4-NA) are excellent guilds with many knowledgeable members who are in the top tier players on PS4-NA. Both links go to their Facebook pages.
– I have gotten to where i want to be with my tanking and stamina DPS, now its on to magika dps and healing. Healing will take a back seat at the moment. First up I will be getting my magika Dragonknight vMoL ready, then getting my magika Nightblade there as well. Once that is done I will be focusing on my healer. If I get any free time, I will be leveling up a new stamina DK (khajite this time) as well as a magika Templar for DPS.
– Totally revamped page dedicated to tanking. My plan is obviously to have a Dragonknight focus, but also I want to have space for sorcs, templars and even nightblades (some of the most cool and pain in the ass tanking ever).
– New leveling guide – with the new training trait, leveling has become a breeze. In reality, the gist of leveling is put on all training and run to a good grind spot with a few friends, but I want to go into a little more depth to make sure you get on the right track with leveling what you need, for each class.
– More videos – The JZH Gaming Youtube has been quiet of late. Some of that is I have been real busy, some of that has been not having too much to stream. I promise there will be more streaming coming soon!
Note: I will be updating all the builds I have that are done by me very soon
With vMoL now getting completions across all platforms, the scaling of Sanctum to our current level – with both veteran and normal modes, as well as a new DLC drop in Dark Brotherhood, we now have a new meta/BiS gear list for trials and serious group PvE content.
Please note, if you are playing solo, other sets maybe more viable for you – this applies to group dungeons as well where you don’t know what gear the tanks, dps and healers have on. However, for trials, everyone should be wearing the gear listed below to provide optimal damage output.
Currently still the bread and butter for trials, especially vMoL and vSanctum. It does not mean a stamina based DPS cannot be effective, but with the “ease of use” on magika builds, on top of the shear damage output, magika DPS is still currently the preferred go to for trials.
Templar DPS > Twice Born Star, Willpower Jewelry, Skoria DW/Destro
Nightblade DPS > TBS/Aether (ONE person), Kena/Nerienth, Willpower jewelry, Destro/DW
Dragon Knight DPS >TBS, Skoria, Willpower Jewelry Double Destro
Sorcerer DPS > TBS Kena Willpower Destro/DW (Scathing is good on a sorc ONLY in maelstrom and for solo play.)
Utility – Tanks and Healers
Tanking is my favorite role, and since the release of the Thieves Guild DLC, it has taken a MAJOR turn for the better. With Dark Brotherhood it has changed slightly, but more so with resource management over gear usage. Healing hasn’t changed all that much, but you will need to grind for all of the gear
DK Tank > Tava’s w/Footmen or Alkosh OR Tava’s with Ebon w/Bloodspawn set
Templar Healers > SPC w/ Aether/Twilight Remedy/Worm Resto/Destro
Lastly, we come to stamina DPS. The most complicated damage dealing to play rotation wise. Some would say an average magika user is not a problem, however if you are only an average stamina user you will not succeed. That being said, with practice and gear, you can become one of the hardest hitting players in a dungeon or trial.
Dragonknight #1 > 5 TBS, 5 Morag Tong, Maelstrom Axe & Dagger with Master Bow
Dragonknight #2 or Templar > Night Mothers and Twice Born are all comparable. (Twice born will benefit MOST from Warhorn) (Also: Mephalas) w/ Maelstrom Axe & Dagger with Master Bow, Agility Jewelry.
On my Dragonknight tank, i currently run Tava’s Favor with Ebon, both 5 pieces, with Blod Spawn Helmet. The reasoning is I gain huge amounts of ultimate, and ultimate equals both Warhorn and resource regeneration/management. Footman’s can give you more mitigation, even at at CP140, however, running all armor with reinforced and made legendary, your resistances should be at or close to cap with buffs. Alkosh is another great utility set for tanks. An optimal setup where there are two tanks is for both to be wearing Tava’s, one wear Alkosh and one wear Ebon.
Stamina DPS –
On my stamplar, I currently run 5 piece TBS and 4 piece Night Mothers Gaze, with Agility Jewelry (with weapon damage enchantments). As long as my rotation is good in group play, I have no issues, and I see a huge boost from Warhorn.
Twice Born Star –
I see a lot of people fight this, but honestly in a trial situation, or even a dungeon where a tank is running Tava’s and Bloodspawn (and throwing Warhorn), the damage output is nuts. Short of maybe vMaelstrom, even running solo, this set works fantastic. Couple this with both the Thief and Shadow mundus stones, its awesome.
Morag Tong –
A set made for stamina Dragonknights before poison was the thing, and now that it is, as well as scaled to CP160, it works extremely well for them. The 5 piece bonus fives stamina and weapon damage, plus a buff to poison damage. Couple this with TBS and you have the potential to rock.
Traits and Enchantments –
Though it should be obvious, you want Divines on gear unless you are a tank (and maybe healer – my expertise for healers is simply I know they heal 🙂 ). For tanking, reinforced or sturdy – personally I prefer reinforced for the mitigation. For enchantments, depending on whether you are a magika or stamina DPS, go with one or the other. Same goes for weapon/spell damage on jewelry. Traits on weapons for DPS should be sharpened or precise.
Final Thoughts –
The truth is this list will evolve, with both the current content and as we get future content with changes from Zenimax. We all know that once a meta exists, ZOS always intends to shake it up and have it change. I will be making this post into a separate page – found here – that i will update as things change. I want to note that this list is not something I created, but is from an effort from groups of both PC and console players that have tested extensively and to their own in game financial detriment. Though this is not my list, I stand behind it because I have seen from observation, and by playing with people that use these sets, and I know it works. I would like to thank the guild leaders on Eternum and University (PS4-NA) for compiling this list, and for all those involved in testing.
Here is a Sorcerer tank build for Elder Scrolls Online by my friend StarFireLeo. These videos are a great starting spot, and soon a dedicated page will follow.
Two videos of The Serpent fight in Sanctum Ophidia – both from DPS PoV
In a couple of weeks, this fight and the rest of the trial will be scaled and a lot harder.
To address any questions concerning the events following the end of the Sanctum Ophidia run last night – I, and several others who i play with, are no longer a part of Conviction (ESO Guild – PS4/NA).
The reason why, ultimately, is not important. However, because I am sure there is ill feelings (on both sides) I wanted to address it briefly in a post. i put friendship above and beyond any video game, and even more so any particular guild in a video game. Loyalty to a guild from its members is important, likewise, loyalty and transparency from guild leaders to guild members is equally important. Personally, I felt that proper transparency was lacking during recent events, but more importantly, that lack concerned a friend of mine. In life, we all have personality conflicts. insecurities, pet-peeves, etc. As a guild, these have to be set aside, by both members and leaders, for the guild to be successful. If there are issues, they must be addressed personally, never corporately – unless its a corporate problem, and in that, discussion must take place. This holds true in “real” life relationships as well. I know there will be conflicting reports, but I know, at least for me, I and others made the right decision. It was not made lightly, nor was it made in anger from me. I felt, again for me, it was necessary.
In a world full of bullshit and a video game culture full of elitism and toxic attitudes, I place friendship and compatibility over anything and everything, period. I know people don’t like me, and that is fine, and vice versa. I can still play with you, as long as you don’t mind playing with me. I also know no one is perfect- even the best at something ultimately get taken down. i am appreciative of all the opportunities I have received in ESO, from Conviction and other guilds/people, and no one situation will ever change that. I am also thankful for the friendships I have attained from playing this game. Saying that, I would like to tank the Conviction leadership for having me in the guild and the opportunities to raid and do dungeons. More importantly, thank you to all of the people I have befriended because of that guild, I am sure we will have even more glorious times together on the battlefield that is ESO together. I wish no one any ill will, only happiness and luck.
In the end, remember that ESO is only a game – its the friendships that matter most. Peace – jzhnutz
After a couple of attempts – and some blow ups (by me) we finally beat The Warrior on hard mode. The is Conviction’s (ESO Guild PS4/NA) first hard mode clear of Hel Ra and I am honored to have been apart of it.
On another note, this was also my first time bringing in a true DPS character into a trial. I am going to make a few adjustments, but other then the main boss fight (the video) I didn’t have any issues. DPS brought was a Stamina Templar. Currently at around 3900 weapon damage on dual wield bar, and at 3200 on bow bar.